Services & Treatments
The WK Pediatric Tracheostomy/Ventilator Care Clinic is a multidisciplinary team that provides care for children
with tracheostomies and those who are dependent on mechanical ventilation. The team is dedicated to helping these
children and their families navigate the complexity of their care. The primary goal is to ease the stress on families
and address major health, educational and psychosocial needs of children in the outpatient setting and during hospital
stays, utilizing numerous pediatric subspecialties. This team includes the region’s only pediatric-trained specialist.
Primary services include
- Review the plan of care and make the necessary changes to improve your child's health and social well-being.
- Ventilator/oxygen management and weaning plans
- Tracheostomy evaluation and changes
- Review and make changes as needed to medications
- Order lab test or x-rays
- Continue teaching and cover new information
- Inpatient/outpatient consultation for prospective patients
- Provide referral to other pediatric subspecialties and offer plans to streamline medical care.
Other services available are:
- Case coordination of home care services
- Coordination of surgical procedures/diagnostic tests
- Educational information about tracheostomies/ventilators
- Nutritional guidance
- Radiology tests
- Respiratory services
- Patients and family support group